Home School Days
Lucky Ladd Farms home school days are designed for individual home school families and organized home school groups. These engaging programs are designed to help home school students ages 4-10 develop an understanding and appreciation of the natural world and agriculture. The educational lessons provided at the specified times are exclusively offered to Homeschool Day participants, however all other farm activities are open and available to the public and other field trip and tour groups throughout the day.
PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED. Homeschool Day tickets will not be sold at the admissions gate. Pre-registration always closes the Friday before the scheduled Homeschool Day. You may only attend the Homeschool Day you have specifically registered for. No minimums - bring one, bring all!
May 23rd Educational Lesson Schedule:
- 11:00 AM - The Story of Milk - From olden practices to modern production, youngsters learn how the process of milking has evolved and how milk gets to store shelves today.
- 12:00 PM - Are You My Mommy? - Compare how baby animals are alike yet different from one another; then match the babies to their mothers and examine their similarities.
- 12:30 PM - Flower Power - Kids learn about the life cycle of a sunflower, what makes it grow and then they plant a seed to take home.
- 1:15 PM - Phenomenal Fossils - Glade fossils are explored on a tour into the Cedar Glades where kids see fossils found on the farm and learn how they got there.(The educational presentation is included but guests may also opt to purchase a bag of fossil mining rough for an added hands-on activity for $5.00.)
Sept. 26th Educational Lesson Schedule:
- 11:00 AM - The Pumpkin Circle - From planting to harvest, students learn about pumpkins, their history, the different species, foods produced and then play a fun, interactive game.
- 12:00 PM - The Buzz on Bees! - Learn about pollination, the importance of bees on the farm, hive behavior, how bees make honey and how honey is collected and more.
- 12:30 PM - Animals Around Us - Kids learn about the origins of domestic farm animals, wildlife in the forest, tracking wild animals while exploring the farm from the barnyard to the nature trail. This activity ends with a guided tour to a habitat exhibit where students discover hidden animals that live there. Explorer guide included.
- 1:15 PM - From Egg to Chicken - Kids learn about the development of a chick inside the egg and its life after it hatches.
Homeschool Days include FULL access to:
- Lucky's Barnyard - Pet and feed farm animals
- AG-Venture Park Playground
- Narrated Wilderness Wagon Ride
- Cedar Glades Wilderness Trail
- Tractor Train Rides
- Jumping Pad (Fall Only)
- Spider Web
- Giant Tricycles
- Educational Exhibits
- Group Photo Opps
- Season Activities: Venture through the Corn Maze(Fall Only)
- BONUS for each CHILD (Ages 2-10) - a Field Trip Pumpkin (Fall Only)
- Optional Add-On Attractions ($5.00 each) : Pony Rides, Gem Mining
NOTE: All activities may not be available at all times and may operate at scheduled times throughout the day. Some activities may have participation restrictions and/or are weather dependent for guest safety.
- May 23
- September 26
Advanced Registration Required. Terms and Conditions Apply.
Spring Homeschool Days Program Cost:
Rates Per Person* (Ages 2+)
$9.12 - per person
Fall Homeschool Days Program Cost:
Rates Per Person* (Ages 2+)
$10.00 - per person
A minimum of two weeks notice of cancellation prior to program date is required to receive a refund.