Tennessee Curriculum Standards:
Our Life Science education topics complement state curriculum standards 1 through 5 through exploration of our natural world.
Save Time and
Save time by pre-ordering before your field trip visit and have lunches ready to pick up at your assigned lunch time.
It's not just for kids...Teachers, parents and chaperones love the convenience too!
We offer pizza, hot dogs, PB&J's and chicken tender meals. Ordering is easy. Download the form, submit your order to us in advance of your visit, pay online and you're done!
Concessions will be open, cooked to order, for those wishing to purchase food on-site at the time of your tour.
School Group Tours and Field Trips
Our objective is to provide a unique educational environment for students to learn about our natural world with an emphasis on agriculture. We offer fun activities and exhibits designed to bring your class room lessons to life. Students will benefit from an enhanced learning environment that complements Tennessee's curriculum standards through multi-sensory, hands-on interaction and encounters with living things.
Each School Field Trip Includes:
- Choice of Educational Program
- Farm Animals Encounter Tour
- Wilderness Wagon Ride
- Heart-pumping Playground Fun
- PLUS Special Seasonal Activities
- Seasonal Tour BONUS for each child:
- Spring - coloring book
- Summer - frozen ice pop treat
- Fall - pumpkin
Our guided tour of the farm consists of two action-packed hours of learning fun. Classes are scheduled to rotate among stations to ensure each group gets the same great experience. Animal feeding is included with field trip admission. Additionally, you may reserve picnic table seating for your group at no extra charge.
Hands-on learning experiences are always best when students have been prepared for what they are about to encounter and are able to then discuss what they learn afterwards.
We are pleased to offer grade-level appropriate PowerPoint presentations, worksheets and activities for most educational programs offered at the Farm. They are designed to support -
- Understanding cells
- Flow of matter and energy
Upon scheduling your field trip, you will receive a password allowing you to download the links found on our Teaching Resources page.
- Group minimum: Minimum paying participants is 25-Spring/Summer and 30-Fall
- Advanced registration required.
- Required Forms: Head-Count Form, Guest Payment Checklist and Remittance Form
- PRE-COLLECT ALL ADMISSIONS- we require a single payment for entire group during check-in. Regular admission fees of $13 per adult and $11 per child applies to all guests not included with payment during group check-in.
- Seating for wagon rides and table reservations are not guaranteed for any guests not included in group headcount and payment upon check-in.
- Discounted rates cannot be combined with other offers.
- Season Passes cannot be used towards group tour admissions.
- All tour participants and guests of your party must remain with your group throughout the duration of your tour.
- These activities are NOT included with discounted group rate tour admissions: Pony Rides, Mining, Tractor Train, Jump Pad, Tricycle Race Track, Splash Pad and Bubble-Blast Foam Pool. These activities are included for guests that have paid standard admission rates for a full access pass. Guided tour guests wishing to have full access may upgrade to a "Stay & Play Pass" for $2 per person. Upgraded access to activites is available upon the completion of your field trip. Pony rides and mining activities are $5 each.
- Lucky Ladd Farms reserves the right to reschedule tours in the event of inclement weather.
Educational Program Options:
Click below to view the different educational opportunities offered at the Farm.
- Wednesday - Friday
- Vary according to season. Specific times listed under educational program options.
Teachers, paid staff, and bus drivers are admitted free.
Rates Per Person* (Ages 2+)
$8.00 - per person
*IMPORTANT: To qualify for the discounted rate, groups MUST pre-collect fees from all guests, including parents/siblings; and make a single payment for the entire group. ALL guests not paid for by the group leader/school will be charged standard admission fees at the gate of $13 per adult and $11 per child; and will not be eligible for seasonal bonus offers such as pumpkins. Certain activities have limited capacity and require advanced planning, therefore, seating for wagon rides and table reservations are not guaranteed for any guests not included on the required class head-count form which must be submitted at least 5 days before your scheduled tour.
A minimum of two weeks notice of cancellation prior to program date is required to receive a refund.