Lucky Ladd Farms, an award winning agritourism destination, is adding a key leadership member to our hardworking and awesome concessions team.
The Assistant Manager in training is the "boots-on-the-ground" person responsible for the day-to-day operation of the farm’s concession stands including cooking, baking, prepping and overseeing staff. They will actively engage and manage cleanliness, organization, product quality, customer service, inventory and food safety. This position requires hands-on work in the kitchen with additional training to advance into an upper management role overseeing all food service operations for our facility. This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to further their skill set by moving into management in the food service industry while still enjoying a quality work/life balance that doesn't come with most restaurant management positions.
BENEFITS OF JOINING OUR TEAM:
$500 hiring bonus.
Weekends off November-March.
Recurring set-schedule that has you home in time for dinner with the family each week.
Free meal when you work a 6+ hour shift.
Unlimited admission for you and 5 guests.
Discounts on dining and merchandise.
Annual team member appreciation event.
Employee referral bonus program.
Uniform and name badge provided.
Paid Personal Time Off.
401(k) with match.
Salary: $2,600-$3,000 per month based on experience.
YOUR ROLE ON OUR TEAM:
Assist with managing day-to-day operations:
- Open and close concessions according to written procedures.
- Perform the duties of main cook. This includes prepping and cooking foods for service throughout the day.
- Maintain clean and organized kitchens and supply areas.
- Follow, self-educate and enforce health and safety regulations and policies.
- Present concerns and maintenance items at staff meetings.
Oversee concession staff:
- Assist with training concession employees in their assigned job responsibilities.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are followed.
- Assist with hiring as needed.
- Assist with staff scheduling.
- Supervise and motivate concession team members to achieve sales goals.
- Ensure staff delivers quality customer service and oversee quality control of food at all times.
- Maintain a pleasant, enjoyable and fun work environment.
- Oversee cashiers and balancing of cash drawers as needed.
- Ensure each concession station is fully stocked and manage inventory and pricing.
- Stock concessions with food and supplies for service.
Ensure all concession areas have packaged food products in display windows and on counters at all times during service.
Maintain and manage accurate inventory on a weekly basis. Order supplies weekly. Pick up supplies as needed. Check-in food deliveries.
Monitor and evaluate costs and make recommendations for pricing adjustments per season.
Develop and/or improve existing menu items to increase profitability.
Perform all other duties as assigned.
Tuesday-Saturday from 8:00am-5:00pm
8 Sundays (Sept. 18 to Nov. 6) from 10:00am-6:00pm
During the off-season (November-March) we switch to Monday-Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm
Personal attitude and characteristics will contribute to a positive work environment by being a team leader through example such as lending a hand even if it’s not your job, initiative to see what needs to be done and doing it without being asked, find serving others fulfilling, enthusiastic and ready to work.
Believe details and quality matters.
Previous food service and kitchen experience a preferred.
Ability to effectively communicate with team members and guests.
Must be able to work on your feet for extended periods of time and can bend, stoop, extend oneself etc., that is required to perform assigned tasks.
Able to consistently lift and carry a minimum of 50lbs.
Employment offers for all positions may be contingent on the satisfactory results of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Lucky Ladd Farms does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race creed, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or national origin. Lucky Ladd Farms only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.